CalArk’s celebration of NTDAW include Annual Awards Ceremony
Posted: September 22, 2021
Day 4 of National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW) was a day of celebration and reflection. First, we marked the twentieth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on America with a moment of silence for those who lost their lives that day. Then, we remembered the camaraderie that surged across the country in the days and weeks that followed. We reflected on 2020 and 2021, marveling at how our industry and our company navigated a global pandemic. With no instructions or guidance on how to handle such an extraordinary situation, we were able to persevere because our drivers kept "Steering the Way" and "Rolling the Wheels of American Business.”
It’s almost impossible to convey how much that unfailing dedication meant to everyone right here at CalArk as well as across the country. We appreciate you all, not just this week but every single day of the year. Now more than ever, our world knows the value of the AMERICAN TRUCK DRIVER.
Along with appreciating our current truck drivers and staff, we never want to forget the contributions of CalArk team members who have passed on:
- Former Marine Corps Colonel and CalArk Vice President, Dennis Hilton, passed away April 21, 2021.
- Sixteen-year CalArk driver and 2020 Driver of the Year, Gerardo Segura, passed away July 1, 2021.
As part of the celebration, Day 4 was also dedicated to our Annual Driver Awards Ceremony where we honored the top performers in our Central Hauling, CalArk Over-the-Road, and CalArk Warehouse Services Fleets.
Here are this year’s deserving winners:
- Jose Alvarez -- CalArk Warehouse Services Overall Driver of the Year
- Jason Stidham -- CalArk Warehouse Services Area Driver of the Year for Florida 2021
- Alan Hall -- CalArk Warehouse Services Area Driver of the Year for Arkansas 2021
- Melvin Brooks -- North Carolina Area Driver of the Year
- Tracy Berry -- Georgia Area Driver of the Year
- Timothy Russell --CalArk Over-the-Road Driver of the Year
- Zennetta Harris -- CalArk 1st Runner Up Over-the-Road Driver of the Year
- Tammie Cooper -- 2nd Runner Up CalArk Over-the-Road Driver of the Year
- Guadalupe Salazar -- Central Hauling Contractor of the Year
- Debra Hancock -- Central Hauling 1st Runner Up Contractor of the Year
- Philip Stephens --Central Hauling 2nd Runner Up Contractor of the Year
Congratulations to all the award recipients as well as all our truck drivers! Thank you for your amazing work and dedication.